Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Hump day bloggers! What a hectic, crazy, busy, beautiful Wednesday! I came home from work today and my dog, Bane, was laying in our hallway waiting for me. My heart melted a little:) I hate leaving him all day, I feel so guilty. Hubby and I are trying to get a house on base so that Bane can have a yard to play in during the day and not be all cooped up inside. Well, thats not the only reason we want to move, but its one of the many! The only problem is...Camp Pendleton has a ban on pit bulls! Now don't get me wrong, I own a pittie, but I am very aware of how dangerous they can be if they are mistreated or raised in a violent environment. They are extremely active and powerful dogs and that can go the wrong way. But...they can also be phenomenal, loving, gentle and loyal creatures. Like Bane! And along with being a great dog, Bane is also a registered service animal! I think I mentioned earlier that I am a type 1 diabetic. My MD wrote me a prescription for a diabetic alert dog, and we had Bane trained and registered as a service animal. However, Lincoln Military housing is trying to tell me that even though he is a service animal he still isn't allowed on base. I have no idea how that makes sense?! How can they go against a federal law that says a service animal must be allowed to accompany their owner even in areas where animals are banned, unless the dog is acting violently or posing a threat to others. Makes 0 sense to me. Then again, most of military stuff makes 0 sense to me. LOL Lincoln housing even had me enroll in this program called "exceptional family member" which is supposed to be an advocate for disabled people and their needs. But once I was accepted they pretty much said, never mind he's still not allowed. Well you know what, SCREW YOU Lincoln Military housing!!! Guess we will keep looking for a place to call home. Travis is in the field this week so I am on the prowl myself! Well, thats all I've got for tonight! Except for a picture of a big mean pitbull I'm going to post. Those rotten animals!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment