Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello World

Well Hello Blogger's! It is good to be back, it's sure been a while! I decided to create a new blog since I haven't been on my old blog in so long, I cant even remember my email or password to log on! Can't say that really surprises me though. Life has changed so drastically since then too, might as well start fresh and clean! Since this is my first post, I will tell you a little about myself. I'm 21 years old, and I graduated from nursing school last year and recently got my nursing license. Currently I work for JDRF (The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and I also work for a Hospice company. It takes a lot out of me being a hospice nurse, its pretty depressing work. Currently I am looking for a new job so I don't get what they call nurses burnout, also I would like to work with patients that are actually going to get better, instead of die on my every time!:( I love kids and ultimately want to work in pediatrics! I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a young child, which was what made me want to become a nurse. As I said in my About Me, I am married to a US Marine. Travis and I got married in August of 2011 and it has been a wild ride since! In the best way possible. I have gone through 2 deployments with him, and he will be leaving for his 3rd in just a few months. Hopefully his last one! Being a Marine wife has its challenges, distance being the biggest, but he is worth it! I have also met some awesome people along the way. Last year we adopted Bane, a beautiful blue nose pit bull. Naturally he gets a bad rap because of his breed, but he is the sweetest most cuddly little guy. I never was one of those "dog people,"in fact I thought those people were weird. But after we got him, I became one of "those." Big time. We don't have any children so literally he is my baby. My blog name "Pittie Party" was inspired by him! I love him so much!
 Right now as a new wife and a new nurse, I'm kind of in limbo with what I would consider as my hobbies. I used to be a competitive dancer, an avid kick boxer, rock climber, and I played the guitar. Nursing school kind of occupied all my time for a good while though and I haven't seemed to go back to those old hobbies of mine. I do enjoy camping, hiking, cooking, DIY projects, and I have always loved to shop and decorate. I live in a beach town so when I'm not at work I spend 90% of my time at the beach. I love JESUScountry music, iced tea, and coffee. My favorite TV shows to watch are Sons of Anarchy, Greys Anatomy and Nashville. Wrapping it up, I hope you will continue to follow me and get to know me better! I love to make new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment